THE INDUSTRY LEADER IN
METAL ROOF ATTACHMENT SOLUTIONS
S-5-PV Kit Solar Attachment Solutions
The concept of combining photovoltaic arrays with standing seam metal roofing is growing—and for good reasons. A standing seam metal roof has a life expectancy consistent with that of framed PV modules.
A 30-year power source on a 40-year roof, along with zero-penetration technology, creates the most sustainable roof system available with alternative power generation, all without compromising the roof manufacturer’s warranty!
The S-5-PV Kit fits two grab components. The universal PV grab attaches adjacent panels, while the EdgeGrab™ cleanly resolves end condition requirements.
The new S-5-PV Kit is one of the first solar module mounting solutions in the industry to be listed to the new UL subject 2703, a standard that covers both bonding and mounting. In order to meet the UL requirements, the S-5-PV Kit had to be submitted for tests, being evaluated under the severest of conditions to confirm that the product would withstand the elements while maintaining electrical conductivity.
Furthermore, the S-5-PV Kit has gained an ETL Listing to UL 1703. UL and ETL listings are widely recognized by most Authorities Having Jurisdiction, which means fewer inspection hassles for installers.
Please Note:Dimensions (in blue text) of the Universal PV Stud and the Mounting Disk are the same for the EdgeGrab illustration below.
S-5!’s new EdgeGrab™ is specifically designed to be used in conjunction with our patented S-5-PV Kit for solar array end conditions. The EdgeGrab accommodates PV frame thicknesses of 30–48 mm (if the L-flange is positioned below the stud’s hex nut) and 34–51 mm (if the L-flange is positioned above the stud’s hex nut).
EdgeGrab uses the same S-5-PV Kit base assembly as the universal PV grab and will work on most exposed-fastened and corrugated metal roofs.
The EdgeGrab is not UL or ETL Listed
For mounting solar systems to your corrugated metal roof, S-5-PV Kits work perfectly with our CorruBracket™! For mounting solar systems to your exposed-fastened metal roof, a flat mounting disk is available allowing S-5-PV Kits to work perfectly with our VersaBracket™! Penetration-free attachment, lower installation costs and cooler roofs, combined with rising energy costs and increased environmental concerns all spell a bright, sunny future for PV and standing seam metal roofs. S-5! makes it easy.
Due to the variety of attachment needs, S-5-PV Kits are sold separately from S-5! mini clamps. The S-5-PV Kit fits only S-5! mini clamps, NOT standard clamps.
- Fit the majority of metal roofs on the market – including exposed-fastened and corrugated!
- Install quickly and easily!
- Universally fit both field (2 panels) and end conditions!
- Cool roofs by providing shade during intense summer heat, lessening utility costs.
- Can be used with all S-5! mini clamps; use the stainless steel mounting disk to facilitate use with brass clamps.
- Cost as little as $0.07 a watt (stainless steel mounting disk) or even $0.06 a watt (aluminum mounting disk) to install!
S-5-PV Kits Feature
- New longer PV stud now accommodates PV frame thicknesses from 1.3″ (33 mm) to 2.5″ (64 mm)!
- Beveled mounting disk now provides an even easier to use module placement guide!
- Four new strategically placed mounting disk hooks to assist in wire management!
- New broader ears on the PV grab allow for even easier installation and precise module engagement!
- Mounting disk is universally directional for simplicity of installation!
- Absolutely NO rails required!
- Incredible holding strength that only S-5! can offer!
Wind dynamics are complex; thus, each system should be reviewed by a qualified licensed professional who understands wind effects on metal roof design and construction prior to purchase and installation.